Stabilize one band under both feet and around shoulders. Unlock your hips, drop your butt down as if to sit on a chair, and slowly squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Without bouncing at the bottom, push yourself up through your heels back to an upright position.
- Keep feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with all body weight on heels.
- You should feel tension in thighs and buttocks, not the knees or back.
- Drop your buttocks lower for an added challenge.
- Knees should not extend past your toes. If they do, you are leaning too far forward.
- Arch your back slightly inward and pinch your shoulder blades together.
- Point your toes outward to engage inner thigh muscles, and point toes inward to engage outer thighs.
- Focus eyes on a specific point in front of you to help your balance.
- Two bands: Stabilize one band under each foot with the other end crossed over your body and stabilized around the opposite shoulder. Insert a bar and rest it on your shoulders behind your neck.
- Extend your arms up and hold the band(s) above your head to increase resistance.
- One leg: Place one foot on a chair behind you and SQUAT down with the other leg.
quads | glutes | hamstring
Anchor Point Height: