Frequently Asked Questions
Some of our frequently asked questions are below. If you don't see the answer to your question, please contact us.
We were asked this so much that we created a page specifically for it. Check out the Which Band is right for me page Need more info? Contact us.
- Start with a low resistance to acquaint yourself with the exercise and allow for adequate adaptation.
- Begin each set with the bands lightly stretched, providing minimal resistance. In order to maintain constant resistance for an optimal workout, do not release any repetition past this point of minimal resistance until your set is complete.
- Don’t completely lock out your joints to prevent unnecessary strain or pressure.
- Try to keep your body still with your abdominal muscles and restrict all movement to the target muscle group during an exercise.
- Keep your wrists straight to avoid placing tension in the wrong areas.
- To verify that your wrists remain straight, you shouldn’t see any wrinkles on your wrists from bending your hand.
- Keep your weight centered over your feet and your head centered over your shoulders. Monitor yourself to verify that you are never leaning too far over your feet.
- Adjusting the anchor point height will shift the resistance.
- Always try to add at least one more repetition (with good form) or a little more resistance to continually challenge yourself. Prove to yourself that you are getting stronger!
- Pay close attention to your tempo to control your workout time and encourage proper form. Your tempo will greatly affect your rep count and your workout intensity.
- If at any point during your workout you begin to feel fatigued, dizzy, or have physical discomfort, you should stop immediately and consult a physician. Individuals with a preexisting health complication or injury should consult a physician and/or physical therapist before using our bands.
Towards the beginning, you may find it frustrating as you try to figure out how to position the bands and yourself in a way that is both comfortable and provides the right amount of resistance. Don’t get frustrated, with experience comes the ease of resistance maneuverability. There are several ways to adjust the resistance in order to meet your personal needs:
Distance from the Anchor Point
As a rule of thumb, the farther you position yourself from the anchor point, the more resistance you will impose on the bands. The closer you position yourself, the less resistance you will impose on the bands.
Interlock at Midpoint
If you find that your post is too thick or high for your intended use, you can easily link two bands together by crossing them at their midpoints, so that you are left with a new anchor point and a lower overall resistance.
Another option to raise the band’s resistance is to reduce the band´s length. Try looping the band around your foot, bar, or post to shorten the length of the band.
If using one band provides you with a comfortable range of motion but is obviously too easy, add another band.
You always have different alternatives to choose from in how you perform each exercise. Grip attachments will change the feel of each lift. Inserting a bar will balance the resistance on both hands and looping the band around the bar will increase the resistance of the lift. Handgrips and ankle straps will alleviate tension on your hands and feet while lengthening your distance from the anchor point, effectively lowering the overall resistance. The door strap can be used to perform virtually any workout with most doors.
Your satisfaction is so important to us that we decided to put our bands where our mouths are:
If any band breaks within a year, we’ll send you a new one for free. Note: the bands will peel a little with use so don’t worry if one of the strips starts to unravel. The bands are made through a layering process for added durability so the layers may begin to separate over time but should never break.
If you are unhappy with the bands, you have two months to send them back for a refund – no questions asked. Returned packages must be postmarked within 60 days of the confirmed date of delivery and must include the original order number. There is a 15% restocking fee for all returned items that are opened since we can’t resell them.
Need more info? Contact us.
3240 C. St
Sacramento, CA 95816
Please also include a note explaining what action you would like us to take and a proof of purchase (confirmation email is fine).
This depends on several variables:
- How often you use the bands
- How hard you use them
- How far you regularly stretch them
- The band size
Under normal conditions, which we estimate as an hour workout three times a week with medium intensity, the lighter bands (Light, Medium, Heavy) should last around a 1-2 years. Our wider bands (Robust, Power, Strong, Monster) should last at least 2-3 years under the same conditions. With that said we have several demo bands that are over three years old and are still in great shape.
We’d love to work with you to distribute Rubberbanditz product. Here are our policies:
- All resellers must have a brick and mortar store, gym, and/or an online shopping cart. (Please email your website if applicable)
- In order to obtain the discount, the first order must be at least $500
- Currently, we are not accepting terms for new customers, all new accounts are set up as credit card only.
- You may not advertise our products below our retail price, nor may you advertise calling in for special pricing.
- You must create your own product profiles (images and descriptions) for online sales.
If you agree to these terms, contact us letting us know you’re interested and that you agree to our policies, then we’ll send you a new distributor form to fill out so we can proceed.
To start go to our affiliate page and fill out the form. Then contact us to let us know so that we can approve you! Once we approve you, you can start using the affiliate link or banner of your choice on your own site.
Our program is free to join, it’s easy to sign-up and requires no technical knowledge. Affiliate programs are common throughout the Internet and offer website owners an additional way to profit from their websites. Affiliates generate traffic and sales for commercial websites and in return receive a commission payment.
Yes, just contact us with the quantity you are interested in purchasing and we’ll let you know if it qualifies for a discount.
Yes we do! please contact us with your information and we’ll be happy to help all of our active military.
Our website is running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. At any time, you can reach out to us via email and we will respond to you within 48 hours. We also have live phone operators 9 am – 5 pm PST Monday-Friday.
Most of our business is done online, so we do not currently have a Rubberbanditz store front. However, if you are in North Carolina, you can stop by Play It Again Sports in Raleigh, Durham, Winston-Salem, and Greensboro to check out our bands, or if you are in Ohio, you can go to Vertical Runner in Hudson.
We are excited that you are running and/or participating in an event within the fitness community. Although we cannot sponsor every event or person, we would be happy to discuss if and how we can support your cause. Please contact us with details, and why you think this would be a great fit.
Once your order has shipped, an e-mail with tracking information will be sent to the e-mail address you provided. If for some reason you do not receive an e-mail, please contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help you track your order!
We ship all of our orders from our warehouse in Burlington, NC. We offer a few different speeds for shipping:
- US Standard shipping: 7-10 business days
- US Expedited shipping: 3-5 business days
- International Standard shipping: 2-3 weeks (varies by country)
- International Expedited shipping: 5-7 business days
Note that orders to Alaska or Hawaii may take longer. We do our best to find the fastest shipping method for these, but sometimes take a bit longer.
Similarly, orders to developing countries (those outside of the EU, Australia, Japan) may extend past 3 weeks for standard shipping.
If you have any issues, please contact us.
Absolutely! You should be able to do this through our online store, by changing the shipping country. If you have any trouble contact us, and include the list of equipment you are looking to get and the address it will be shipped to and we will do our best to fix the problem!
Hey, we all make mistakes. As soon as you catch your mistake, send an email to [email protected] and let us know. If the package hasn't gone out already, we'll make the change!
Yup, you got it, free standard shipping for domestic US orders greater than $60 (exclusive of shipping).
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to prepay customs duties on our shipments. Typically, if there are duties due, the postal carrier will send you a notice indicating a payment is due to receive the package.
We periodically change band colors in order to respond to our customers demands. Please let us know if you want to exchange your bands for a different color and we will do the best we can to accommodate.
The majority of our bands are currently 41” when they are laid flat, we also offer 6’ Agility and 10’ Explosive for more mobility during sprinting and agility drills. To give you a better idea we’ve listed each band with its length, width, and resistance.
|Exercise bands||Lay Flat Length||Width||Resistance (lbs)|
|Light||41"||1/4"||5 to 15|
|Medium||41"||1/2"||20 to 35|
|Heavy||41"||3/4"||30 to 50|
|Robust||41"||1-1/8"||40 to 80|
|Power||41"||1-3/4"||50 to 120|
|Strong||41"||2-1/2"||60 to 150|
|Monster||41"||4"||80 to 200|
|Agility||6'||1-3/4"||175 to 225|
|Explosive||10'||2"||225 to 275
Our natural rubber latex is over 99.998% free of soluble proteins (latex allergens). Effects of use by people with latex sensitivity is unknown and not recommended.
Almost nothing! Just keep them out of direct sunlight for extended periods of time; don’t stretch them more than 2.5 times their original length, and don’t let them come in contact with rough surfaces (i.e. asphalt, sharp posts, children with scissors)
We love the smell of rubber in the morning, smells like victory! But if you don't love it, try washing the bands with warm soapy water, or rubbing mint, vanilla, even cinnamon on the bands to mask the smell.
They can safely be stretched up to 2.5 times their original length without causing any harm on the band. Though they will stretch further, we don’t recommend you do this as a safety and durability precaution.