Glute Kickback with Mini Loop Booty Bands
Glute kickbacks with loop bands are incredibly effective at unilaterally isolates your glutes throughout your hip extension. If you are looking effective way to isolate and tone your booty by stretching and contracting it, then this is a great option. Kickbacks also improve the movement and muscle recruitment patterns you use normally while walking or jogging. So not only do you tone your booty, but you also improve the way your body functions during normal activity!
- Place a loop band around your lower thighs
- Start in a bent over plank position
- Pull your hands towards your feet to engage your core
- Lift one leg up to a full hip extension and squeeze your glutes at the top
- Slowly lower your leg in a controlled manner and tap it on the floor before repeating.
Keep your core tight and avoid arching the spine -- this helps increase glute activation and lowers the risk of injury
Keep your leg long with our toes pointed outward
Focus on the side of your body you want to engage and use only the muscles on that side to avoid letting yourself cheat
Contract your glutes hard and keep them clenched at the top for a prolonged period to maximize results
Target Muscles: Hamstrings, Quadriceps, Gluteus minimus, Gluteus maximus
Recommended Booty Bands: 12” Medium Booty Band (minimal resistance), 12” Heavy Booty Band (high resistance), 12” Robust Booty Band (maximum resistance)