Stabilize one band under both feet and around shoulders. Unlock your hips, drop your butt down as if to sit on a chair, and slowly squat down until your thighs are parallel to the floor. Without bouncing at the bottom, push yourself up through your heels back to an upright position. Then push up until your arms are extended above your head.
- Keep feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart with all body weight on heels.
- You should feel tension in thighs and buttocks, not the knees or back.
- Drop your buttocks lower for an added challenge.
- Knees should not extend past your toes. If they do, you are leaning too far forward.
- Arch your back slightly inward and pinch your shoulder blades together.
- Point your toes outward to engage inner thigh muscles, and point toes inward to engage outer thighs.
- Focus eyes on a specific point in front of you to help your balance.
- Keep back straight and abs tight to avoid lower back strain.
- Take a wider stance or loop the bands to raise resistance.
- Use a bar to balance and lower overall resistance.
- Two bands: Stabilize one band under each foot with the other end crossed over your body and stabilized around the opposite shoulder. Insert a bar and rest it on your shoulders behind your neck.
- Raise bands in a straight line behind your head to engage trap muscles.
quads | glutes | hamstring | deltoids (front) | deltoids (medial)| traps
Anchor Point Height: